1/10/11

THE HOLE I HAD DUG & WHAT I HAD BURIED














Cold-blooded killers make interesting narrators, especially when speaking about such mundane topics as “Hot Chocolate & Microwaves.” My flash-fiction piece of the same title has been accepted by Staccato. It’ll be my third appearance on their website. Thank you Matt!

In the meantime, if you get the chance, check out Staccato’s first story of 2011, "Surface Wounds"  by Nancy Stebbins. Also, zoom in and tell me what you think the significance is behind the glyphs. I’m still contemplating whether they will be there a week from now. I’m praying those sightings can be substantiated, that it isn’t my imagination running amuck!

7 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey, congrats, man, that's excellent!

In the photo, you look a lot like my friend Jim (aka Jimbo) in high school. In the small world department, he had earlier been friends with William T. Vollmann, yet another writer. As for glyphs, I am perplexed.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Those crop-circles are still there.

Charles Gramlich said...

digging a grave for a body that's been cut into pieces it would appear.

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

"THE HOLE I HAD DUG & WHAT I HAD BURIED "
could be unglyphed to WHAT I BURIED IN THE HOLE I DUG.
But then I got blind spots too.

Where in &%%& are the glyphs?...Have I got the right story? Duh.

Anonymous said...

Hey JR enjoyed Catfish. Saw it coming though, but not wanting to give it away... Believe Angela would be a virtual glyph. Congrats on the publication. MW

JR's Thumbprints said...

Ivan, perhaps what I had buried was never meant for the hole I had dug. As for those glyphs in "Surface Wounds," I'm still seeing them. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with my web browser.

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

That's all right, Jim.

I am probably the only guy in my class to fail a Rorschach inkblot test. You were supposed to see a bat in one frame, but all I saw were vaginas.
I got issues?