1/4/11

2010: YEAR IN REVIEW (Horn Tootin')















I may not have met my biggest goal for 2010, but I did manage a few things. Listed below are last year’s accomplishments and/or note-worthy events:

March 8, 2010: Staccato Fiction publishes “Still Life in Detroit.”

May 8, 2010: Driftwood, A Review of Michigan Writing publishes “Needing Attention.”

May 14, 2010: Six Little Things publishes “Getting Out from Under a Rock.”

(Two months later, Prisoner Timothy O’Reilly goes on trial in a rare federal death penalty case; The FBI planted a listening device in his bunkie’s radio, hoping he’d get O’Reilly to talk about his crime. Both inmates were housed at my place of employment. “Getting Out from Under a Rock” dealt with this incident prior to my knowledge of it. Weird.)

July 4, 2010: Motor City Burning Press publishes Adopted Behaviors.

July 22, 2010: Spencer Dew of decomP magazinE reviews Adopted Behaviors.

August 5, 2010: Designed first e-book, The Clarity of Night, Contests, Vol. 1: 2006 – 2010 for Jason Evans.

August 11, 2010: First attempt at writing science fiction with “Stratagems: Polonium-210.” Makes the cut at The Clarity of Night.

September 2010: Featured reader at Pointe Java’s open mic in Eastpointe, MI, thanks to Mark C Durfee.

October 1, 2010: Sleet Magazine publishes “The Trigger Man & His Accomplice.”

November 19, 2010: Joined fellow MCBP poets Mark C Durfee & Michelle Brooks for a reading at the Lawrence Street Gallery in Ferndale, MI. Received an acknowledgement in Durfee’s book The Line Between.

December 2010: Trailer Park Quarterly accepts “From the Blue Sky” for their next issue.

Hopefully I can do even better in 2011.

Speaking of accomplishments, congrats to Michelle Brooks for the latest news regarding her novella, Dead Boy, Live Girl. I can’t wait to read it!

8 comments:

Daniel Weise said...

Quite a list of accomplishments in 2010 - Way to go! Looking forward to what you give us in 2011!

ivan said...

Busy, busy, busy!

Way to go.

Anonymous said...

A great list of accomplishments!

I very much appreciate the one on August 5th.

Charles Gramlich said...

A damn productive year. Congrats on all the success, man.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I've been a tad bit down on myself about not being more productive, so I thought making a list would help. I can honestly say it did. Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

Way to go JR. Samuel wants more.
Huck

Lana Gramlich said...

Congratulations! Sometimes it seems we're running in place. Nice to recognize when we're not (& to pat ourselves on the back for it!)

GrizzBabe said...

I was reading through some old comments on my blog and thought I'd stop by to say hi and to see what you've been up to. You've had quite the productive year. Congrats!